Benefits of Using a local broker
Movo are specialist insurance brokers in many sectors and with corporate clients across the UK including in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Despite this, all Movo’s staff and offices are focused and committed to working and helping individuals and businesses within their local communities. This brings many benefits to our customers, as well as lowering our own operational costs when we service business which is local.
Return of the broker?
If the television ads are anything to go by you would be forgiven for thinking that the local insurance broker was very much in decline. At Movo we have found that often the opposite has been the case and people are very much in favour of using SME, local businesses providing it doesn’t cost them more than they are currently paying.
If you’re thinking of buying an insurance policy for something you don’t know much about or insuring something unusual, you might want to think about using an insurance broker. They’re experts in the market and – even with run-of-the-mill insurance – they can often find you better cover at a great price.
– Extract from the Money Advice Service website
So what are the benefits?
- Our local knowledge is used to your advantage. We know the areas in which we work and live so have a good grasp of where the risks are likely to be. Anything from theft to subsidence are often localised issues, so using a broker who has local knowledge will ensure you get tailored advice.
- Working within our local communities means we can relay critical information to all our clients whenever appropriate, for example, this could be a news bulletin regarding an issue with burglaries within a particular area or a call to businesses regarding potential disruption or localised weather event.
- Dealing with a local broker is a different experience to dealing with a call centre. We know most of our clients and the benefits of that personal relationship will significantly impact on your overall experience with us.
- Our offices are open to the public during the working week and are easy to reach for local people.
- Not everyone wants to arrange their insurance by phone or over the internet. We are more than happy to take your details in our offices or at a mutually convenient meeting point.
- When you buy insurance, you are looking for protection in the event that the worst should happen. The last thing you will want when making a claim is a lack of responsiveness from your brokers or insurers. Our clients feel reassured knowing that they can ‘pop in’ to see us at any time.
- Other insurers may base their pricing models on post codes. As we obtain quotes from local companies on a regular basis, we know who are best to approach and who to avoid. This also enables us to quickly obtain for you the best terms.
- Our staff love insuring the local businesses that they regularly use and visit. We take pride in the fact that the local shops, restaurants, barbers and all other premises that we frequent are insured by us.
- Local companies like dealing with other local companies. Insurance brokers are often asked for advice or contact details of handymen, repairmen, painters, decorators and other tradesmen. We are only too happy to facilitate introductions between individuals.
- Using a local broker doesn’t cost more. If we didn’t compete favourably with other companies we wouldn’t have any clients.
Extract from the Money Advice Service website, which is an impartial money advice service set up by the government:
‘Getting expert guidance does not cost you more: like comparison sites, they get paid commission by the insurance provider for selling their products so you don’t pay them a fee for shopping around to get you a good deal. Unlike comparison sites they have specialist expertise and can give you guidance on the products that best suit your needs.’